I need a day-long course that will help motivate my staff.
We should build a WBT module on that; I think we can use some of the PowerPoint slides we already have.
Training often fails before the first word is written or the first draft is created. The reason it fails is that it doesn’t increase the performance of individuals so they can contribute (i.e., more, better, faster) to the success of the business. The training wasn’t designed to address a specific business challenge or opportunity; as a result, participants consider it — at best — a fun course and — at worst — a waste of time from their jobs.
We need to think less of training and more of performance. This course helps you rediscover and reapply business-based performance consulting techniques.
As a result of participating in Performance Consulting, you should be able to:
- Plan and conduct a needs analysis.
- Summarize the needs of the organization and present your findings and recommendations.
- Select appropriate data-gathering techniques for determining reasons for the performance gap; create a data-gathering tool.
- Identify training and non-training solutions to address the performance gap.
- Establish the link from training to business results.
- Develop strategies to form collaborative partnerships with the organizations to which you provide training.
Activities include: creating an Interview Guide, preparing for a meeting with the client (case study), creating a Memo of Intent (MoI), gathering data and analyzing data/finding solutions, communicating the solution, and a Real-Play (using your own scenario) presentation and skill application.