Why do some sales professionals sell more than others? Simple: they know what their customers need and they satisfy it; they position their product or service to meet the explicit needs of the customer.
Less effective sales professionals drone on about the features and so-called benefits of their product or service. But the fact is, a feature is ONLY a benefit if the customer agrees that it’s a benefit. Features that the customer doesn’t value may actually LOWER from the perceived value of the product or service!
In this module, we’ll teach you how to position the sale, satisfy the customer, and increase your sales revenues!
As a result of participating in Positioning the Sale, you should be able to:
- Transition to a sale and describe presenting versus positioning.
- Apply your knowledge of each of the following to help you position the sale:
- Knowing your products
- Listening and questioning
- Matching features to customer benefits
- Positioning using power words and the six Reasons to Buy
- Positioning the value
- Define cross selling and identify the benefits of cross selling.
Activities include interactive lecture, brainstorming, positioning exercises, and positioning role plays with feedback.