Increased competition has given customers more choices than they have ever had before. Good customer sales and service have become the norm in the past 15 years. As a result, customers expect more. In a competitive environment, we need to be better than the competition.
Each customer needs to feel that he or she has all of your attention – as if he or she is the only person you are talking with this whole day. This module addresses your mindset, helping to ensure that you automatically do or say something to make your customers feel as though you really care about them – and we even show you how to have fun doing it.
As a result of participating in Focusing on the Customer, you should be able to:
- Redefine the sales interaction to one driven by a customer-focused mindset.
- Apply techniques for increasing your effectiveness with customers.
- Use call approaches that help you maintain a customer-focused mindset.
Participants view a video (or read a script) of a customer interaction and suggest ways to provide a more positive customer experience. Learn and apply the four Key Customer-Focus Questions:
- Who is the customer?
- What is this customer thinking and feeling when he or she calls me?
- What can I do to connect with this customer?
- How can I make sure that this customer is left with a positive feeling?