Entelechy was formed for the express purpose of impacting business. We believe that the ONLY reason for training is to improve business. While many companies may say the same thing, only Entelechy guarantees it!
We begin by defining your business needs — not your training needs! If we believe that training may not be the best solution at this time, we’ll tell you saving you time, money, and frustration.
Many Tools for Increasing Performance
When we work with you to analyze the performance gap — what people aren’t doing and why they’re not doing it — we look at the five main elements that impact performance; each element requires a different type of intervention:
- Clear expectations and feedback: Sometimes the reason people aren’t performing as desired is that they didn’t know they were supposed to — expectations were never clearly set. Sometimes they may have done it as they were supposed to but no longer are doing it — they were never given feedback.
- Resources, tools, information: These are the things people need to perform. Sometimes it’s a faster computer or a job aid. Sometimes it’s information, or easier access to that information.
- Work flow design: Sometimes performance isn’t as it could be simply because the way the work is carried out could be improved. For example, reducing the number of hands involved sometimes improves performance.
- Recognition and motivation: We all work for different reasons but most of us like to be recognized for doing the work well. We become motivated to work harder. Sometimes the simplest solution to increased performance is a pat on the back.
- Skills and knowledge: Sometimes, performance can only be improved by increasing the capability of the people performing the job. Training — including instructor-led training, web-based training, computer-based training, and self-paced training — can all be effective in increasing the skills and knowledge of employees.
There’s a saying: To the hammer, everything looks like a nail. To most training companies, every problem looks like an opportunity for training. To Entelechy, training is only one of many tools available to address performance problems.